Millions of men across the world deal with enlarged prostate symptoms everyday. Severe cases of BPH may not respond to treatment, and relief may only be found with BPH surgery. New treatment for BPH is now less invasive and more effective than ever. Enlarged prostate surgery for BPH include:
- Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP) - TURP is the most common BPH surgery. It uses a scope to scrape obstructing prostate tissue out of the way. TURP has been known to cause prostate operation side effects Side effects including excessive bleeding and the risk of erectile dysfunction.
- Greenlight Laser Prostatectomy (PVP) - The Greenlight Laser Prostatectomy (PVP) is an outpatient procedure. It consists of using a laser to remove obstructing tissue with little to no blood loss. Unlike TURP, this BPH surgery's side effects are not known to impact a patient’s sexual function. Urology Health Solutions’ Dr. Lotenfoe is an experienced provider of PVP. Dr. Lotenfoe is also a highly sought-after teacher of this method, as he has guided other practices in performing PVP.
BPH Surgery Recovery:
When undergoing Transurethral Resection of the Prostate, BPH patients can expect to experience:
- 1 to 3 day hospital stay
- 3 to 6 weeks rest period, with prolonged fatigue
- Possibility of excessive bleeding
- Risk of erectile dysfunction
- Low chance for urethral stricture or urinary incontinence
When undergoing Greenlight Laser Prostatectomy, BPH patients can expect to experience:
- Outpatient procedure
- Shorter recovery time
- Trouble or difficulty urinating for about a week
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Little chance for urethral strictures and urinary incontinence
Contact us today to learn if BPH surgery is the best treatment for you.
Not sure if BPH surgery is right for you? Urology Health Solutions specializes in other BPH treatment options such as:
- Enlarged prostate medication
Learn more about BPH treatment.
Why Choose Dr. Lotenfoe for My BPH Surgery?
Choosing a doctor to trust with your BPH treatment can be difficult and nerve wracking. You want to ensure that you are cared for by the best and most experienced doctors when undergoing BPH surgery. You want a doctor that is going to be respectful, careful, and accurate.
At Urology Health Solutions, Dr. Lotenfoe is dedicated to ensuring his patients find relief from their BPH symptoms. Dr. Lotenfoe began conducting greenlight laser surgery for enlarged prostate when it was a brand new procedure, years ago. In fact, he is so skilled and experienced that he has been chosen to teach other urologists how to complete this procedure.
Do You Need BPH Surgery? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Lotenfoe with Urology Health Solutions to discuss your best BPH treatment.